Self Portrait at Lower Calf Creek Falls near Escalante
Rock Steps to place my sister and I stayed at in EscalanteI have been back in Salt Lake City, Utah for 2 weeks and all I have done since I have been back is work, work, work. Where am I working you? I am back at the jewelry store, O.C. Tanner. From one extreme (trail maintenance) to the next (high end jewelry store).
Just a little bit about the end of the road trip with my sister:
After leaving Capitola area, we headed south down highway one through Monterey, Big Sur, and just north of San Luis Obispo, we headed east to Bakersfield. It was so nice to stop in Bakersfield. While there, we saw aunts, an uncle, cousins and their kids, old stomping grounds, and enjoyed lots of reminiscing and laughter.
When I saw the first sign in California of the miles to Salt Lake, I started getting excited to be heading back to Salt Lake. Our first stop in Utah was St. George where we stayed at a family friends house. I went for a lovely bike ride up Snow Canyon. Escalante was our last stop in Utah before Salt Lake. We enjoyed a great day hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls. Road Trip 2007 was a great one.
I should be in Salt Lake for quite some time. I am looking forward to winter here and the fun outdoor activities (skiing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc.). Let's hope it snows soon :)
Happy Holidays to everyone and their families.

1 comment:
Hi Shannon! You have been tagged, so visit my blog to see the rules of the game!
Post a Comment