Monday, March 24, 2008

Can I Have Your....

Sphere aka "The Pyramid"

Imagine, if you will, sitting at a nice restaurant for brunch with your mom. As you are enjoying the ham and cheese omelet you ordered, suddenly you have a dirty finger pointing at your food repeating something in Spanish over and over. I kept saying no and then the waitress comes over telling the intruder to leave. The intruder didn't budge. The intruder finally decides to grab my omelet off my plate with her dirty, grimy hands. The waitress and the cook were extremely apologetic and we got a free media luna with ham and cheese. My mom was sitting across from me and described the intruder with bit, eyes and looked like a witch. Personally, I thought the whole thing was kind of funny (ok, and maybe a tad sad). Just another good travel story to add to all the others.

Uruguay, Check

ok, ok so I've traveled to a place or two, what can I say I love to travel and explore what the world has to offer. While in Buenos Aires, we took a boat across the Rio De Plata to a little town in Uruguay called Colonia Del Sacremento. Cute little town lined with cobblestone streets, street cafes, street musicians at night. One day we rented a golf cart and drove along the beach coast line and stopped to read on the beach.

Even though getting away from busy Buenos Aires for a couple of days, it felt nice to come back and spend a few more days in the city.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your adventures are great! I love reading about everything you do. And, you always have awesome pictures!

Amelia said...

That's really creepy. But I guess all part of the adventure of travel. And ditto Wendy, you got mad photog skills, woman!