
*This will be a very short post partly because I just realized I never finished writing it until now. Oops!!
Welcome to Chicago, where the pedestrians do not have the right of way, all roads lead back to that "Magnificent Mile", and the wind blows. However, that is not why they call it the windy city. It is called the windy city because back when the politicians were boasting about the city and trying to get the World's Fair to come here (which it did). Other cities saw this boasting and called us the "windy city" because of all the hot air the politicians were spewing.
Last October/first of November, my sister, my mom and I took a trip to Chicago for five days. None of us had ever been there. We stayed in a little apartment (and by little, I mean, more like a studio w/one tiny bathroom). It was cheap and we didn't spend much time there so it was just fine.
The first night we were there, we went to a live recording of the NPR game show "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me." I was introduced to this very funny game show by my sister. If you have not heard it, I highly suggest you check it out.
One afternoon, we got to enjoy the musical "Jersey Boys" thanks to a family friend. Very entertaining.
Our last night, we took an architectural boat tour. It was interesting to learn about the buildings in Chicago.
A couple of other things we enjoyed were: Millenium Park, top of the John Hancock Building, and of course, spending quite a bit of time walking/shopping along the Magnificent Mile.
No comments:
Post a Comment