You know when you meet someone for the first time and it can be uncomfortable for the first few moments? Then after those few moments, things are surprisingly comfortable. That is how I feel here. I arrived in a foreign country, with new faces, feeling quite alone. Three weeks later, I feel right at home. Comfortable to the point of not wanting to go out and face the real world. Face reality. Face being responsible. Why would I want to leave when my meals are prepared for me, I get treatments daily, and I get to relax in the sun. No worries in the world except for the pain (emotinal and/or physical) I may be experiencing at any given moment. I know what you all must be thinking. Has something happened to Shannon? We didn't think the word relax was in her vocabulary ;) Don't worry, I am still the same crazy (slightly a little more boring) Shannon!!
I recommend that everyone take 10 minutes out of their day to sit or lay in the sun listening to the sounds of around you. Believe me, it will feel great.
I am glad I brought origami supplies to occupy some time. Plus, the dr's children (esp. the boy) love learning how to make different things with paper.
I will be back in Good Ol' Salt Lake in a little over a week.
Song Quote: "I feel home, and that's just what I feel." I Feel Home -- O.A.R.
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment