Sunday, June 22, 2008

Move...Work...Enjoy The Outdoors

A couple of weeks ago, I was out with a couple of friends and one of them informed me that I need to update my blog.  She must of been having a brain fart that day and forgotten that I don't a computer/laptop anymore which makes updating my blog a little more difficult these days.

After checking out when I posted last, I didn't realize that I haven't posted anything since the beginning of May.  I guess I am really due for bringing everyone that reads this up to date on what I have been doing the past couple of months and maybe I'll throw in a few random thoughts.

As of this coming Wednesday, I will be homeless ;)  About a month ago, I put the condo that I have owned for almost 4 years and got an offer about 2 days after it was listed on the MLS list and before my realtor's office had walked through.  After counter offering back and forth a couple of times, I was under contract.  Until I decide either a) to stop traveling or b) to get a "real job" (as my mom likes to refer to it) then I will stay with family friends for a while.

I am still working part-time at O.C. Tanner doing deliveries/shipping, customer service and answering phones.  When I am not working, I have been trying to get outside as much as possible.  On May 17, I ran the Ogden Half Marathon.  Beautiful course down Ogden canyon. Since I no longer have a road bike and only now have a mountain bike that I was so close to selling, I have started doing lots more mountain biking.  I have enjoyed it but I would much rather be on the road.  I am looking for a road bike so if you know of anyone that might be selling one or of a good one online, let me know.  It is time for me to get back on the road :)  

On June 7, I decided to relive last year's summer by doing a little trail maintenance on a local trail that I actually do a lot of trail running on in the summer.  I volunteered with REI for National Trail's Day and got a free lunch and t-shirt out of it.  It was a lot of fun (even if we were only doing what I dislike the most about trail work) playing in the dirt.  About a week ago, I also helped open up a family cabin up my favorite canyon where I also worked on the trail.  I can't wait to spend some good quality time up at the canyon.

One more bit of news...on Friday and Saturday I ran in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay.  It is a running race that goes from Logan, Utah to Park City, Utah (178 miles to be exact).  The teams are comprised of 12 (at the last minute my team ended up short one runner) where each runner run's 3 legs.  I was runner number 12 and ran a total of about 16 miles.  I was only supposed to run about 13 but picked up an extra 3 because of us being short 1 runner.  Fun but pretty much all you do is drive, eat, run, sleep (maybe...in my case about 2 hours) and then repeat.  One thing I did realize is that I would much rather run hills then flat/downhill.  My first one and a half legs were hills and I ran them much better then my other two legs.

I haven't traveled in the past couple of months except to Ogden one night and running the Wasatch Back Relay.  I am due for a vacation.  Maybe a weekend trip or something until I can figure out something out of state/country :)

Song Quote: "Risin' Up, Back On The Street, Did My Time, Took My Chances, Went The Distance, Now I'm Back On My Feet, Just A Man And His Will To Survive"  Eye of the Tiger -- Survivor



1 comment:

Amelia said...

I forgot to tell you thank you for updating your blog. I'm so lame.

Look at Misty's blog (it's linked to mine) there's the pic of us on Thursday. You look really cute.