I spent an amazing week in Costa Rica a couple of weeks ago. I went with a tour group called Girlfriends Go Tours. The business partners live in Park City (about a half hour east of Salt Lake City). There were eight women, including myself, in the group. I have been on lots of trips with small groups and this by far was the best group and trip I have ever been on.
In one day we biked to a zip line canopy tour, biked back to Puerto Jimenez for a boat ride to a monkey sanctuary, and then biked back to our lodge. Let's not forget that some of us woke up early and ran on the beach.
At the monkey sanctuary we learned about some crazy monkeys that don't know their own strength and have been known to rip toilets out of the floor and also known to get into the sanctuary's kitchen and thrown dishes around.
Some of our other activities included tree climbing, waterfall rappelling, and hiking in the Corcavado National Park. I also learned to surf. I was kind of worried about learning to surf since I am not all that fond of water. I ended up loving it and felt really quite safe in the water. I can't wait to surf again :)
I fell in love with Costa Rica which is kind of funny since I don't particularly like the beach. However, I found that Costa Rica has lots more to offer then just the beach and surfing. Where I was seems like a good mix of ocean and mountains.
Song Quote: "Nobody on the road, Nobody on the beach, I feel it in the air, The summers out of reach" Don Henley - Boys of Summer
Ed. Note: to see more pictures from Costa Rica and more of my adventures, please go to the following link www.sltuddenham.com

No comments:
Post a Comment