Photos to come
It was sad having to part with my sister last Thursday. As I sat in the taxi as it weaved through traffic, it came to me that I am now on my own in the middle of nowhere India about to put my life/health into the hands of complete strangers (only a few email exchanges). What a slightly nerveracking feeling. Part of me wanted to just stay in the taxi have it go anywhere but the clinic.
Upon arrival at the Ayurvedic clinic, I was greeted by Dr. Sathya and other friendly faces. That put me at ease.
Once I was in my room, I was left with no real instruction. I looked around at my smallish room, small twin bed, desk, not knowing what I should do be doing. Should I wait for them to come tell me my next course of action?, Should I go explore?, Should I, Should I, Should I...maybe I should just be.
It is nice to be in a place away from the hustle and bustle of crowded India. No horns, no traffic, no people (or very few). Where the comfort of the birds chirping is somehow soothing and comforting. I take for granted the benefits of just being. As I was sitting the other day thinking to myself and worrying if this is where I should be and what I should be doing, I came to the conclusion that I needed not worry about that and learn to just be. So my new mantra is: just be
It is amazing how you can sit or be in the same place day after day and yet see different things. Like one of the attendees climbing a coconut tree and picking coconuts, one attendee mowing the lawn, a new bug, a lizard crawling around.
The other night I sitting outside about to go in when I looked up at the clear sky and saw the moon. I decided to stop, look up and take it in. I had nowhere to be so why not.
Song Quote: "What might have been lost - Don't bother me" Bon Iver -- The Wolves (Act I And II)
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's awesome Shan. One of the lessons I've learned through semi-recent events is the importance of living each moment. That's not to say I'm against setting goals or looking forward to things, but to experience the journey, the good and the bad. Both are necessary to a balanced and productive life.
Post a Comment