After two weeks of spanish school, the only thing I learned in those two weeks was a phrase I already knew.....¿donde estan mis pantalones? Just kidding. I learned a lot.
What will I miss about Cusco....
While I think about that, my sister will share some of her comments....
YO!
2 weeks in Cusco/Cuzco:
Walking and walking and walking. Up the hill to school, down the hill to home and a warm meal on the table, up the hill to visit a museum, down the hill to barter at the artisan market, up the hill to flirt with the local boys, down the hill to drink tea and chat with our Cuzco mom, up the hill to salsa class, down the hill to the dance at the disco, up the hill to pay outrageous prices for a one-day visit to Machu Picchu (Jessy only), down the hill to catch a local bus out to the Sacred Valley, up the hill for Inca ruins, down the hill to be Spanish-studying-nerds, Up the hill for views of the valley, down the hill to say good-bye to our little Cuzco family and new found friends. . .on the bus to Arequipa. . .
Thank you Jessy for your comments.
ok......what I will miss about Cusco,
1. the 45 minute walk to and from español school;
2. mi amigos, Jhon and Jhon, at the travel agency;
3. host family and the good food;
4. the great views of the city and surrounding mountains;
5. the friendly Peruvian people;
6. dancing with the locals at the discoteca; and
7. the street vendors walking around with their carts of fruit while yelling through a megaphone what they were selling.
Things I won´t miss so much...
the beggars, the local boys whistling, the taxi honks, and the nice, polluted air....
Time to move on....
Song Quote: ¨Adios to all this concrete. Gonna get me some dirt road back street. If I can just get off of this LA freeway Without getting killed or caught I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke¨ Guy Clark - Song L.A. Freeway
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment