Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not your typical.....




Friday, September 1, 2006

Today I went on a bike ride through North Amsterdam. It was not your typical mountain or bike ride in Salt Lake. Of course, it did make me miss road biking. There were some great straight long stretches perfect for some quality road biking.
The ride went out into the countryside which is truly beautiful. For lunch, we stopped Pancake house in the town called Broek (translation - Village; modern day translation is trousers) In Waterland. They serve all types of pancakes. I got a pancake with ham, cheese and mushrooms. At first, I was a little skeptical but it actually turned out to be pretty good.
This little village has those cobblestone streets which are found all throughout Europe.

That night I just walked around the city one last time. Tomorrow I leave for Paris on an early train. I love Amsterdam and wish that I could stay longer. Maybe I will just move here. If only I could find a rich, handsome, young dutch man.....
Amsterdam is lively at night especially on a Friday night. It was lots of fun to walk the streets and see the crowds.
Song of the blog: "It's the perfect time of day....don't let it drift away.....close your eyes and take your last breath....press your head aside, the end is the beginning...." Howie Day - song It's the Perfect Time of Day

No comments: