
Sunday, September 10, 2006
It has been a little over a month since I left home. It seems like a lot longer then that.
This morning my sister and I went running. I haven’t run in about 2 and a half months. It felt great to get out. I know what you are all thinking….why in the world am I running on my extended vacation? As most of you know, I can’t go without some form of exercise for too long.
Since my sister had one last performance, I went on a bike tour with the same company I took one with in Paris. The tour was good despite the fact that the group wasn’t as lively and fun as the one in Paris.
Some of the highlights from the tour were Checkpoint Charlie, part of the Berlin Wall, Site of Hitler’s bunker, Hotel Aldon – the famous place of the Michael Jackson child dangling, and Brandenborg Tor which is located in no-man's land between East and West Germany during the Cold War, this famous monument, built during the 18th-century reign of Friedrich Wilhelm II, has long been a defining symbol of Berlin and both the city's division and unification.
Since Michael Jackson was a topic of conversation today, my song of the day will be from one of his songs:
Song of the day: “You'll never make me stay so take your weight off of me.” Michael Jackson – Song Dirty Diana
Monday, September 11, 2006
Today my sister and I took a three hour boat ride to Potsdam. Potsdam is Berlin’s closest and most beautiful neighbor.
It was fun, despite being the only young ones on the boat cruise and the whole tour communicated in German, which I don’t speak a word of. The scenery on the boat ride was pretty.
Once we got to Potsdam, we walked to Sanssouci Park, which comprises palaces and gardens begun in the 18th century. The walk around the gardens and palaces was along a wide road with trees on either side. The palaces were also on either side with some set back farther then others. One of them was at the end of the road with a long driveway surrounded by white statutes. Another palace had a big, beautiful fountain in front of it.
It has been a little over a month since I left home. It seems like a lot longer then that.
This morning my sister and I went running. I haven’t run in about 2 and a half months. It felt great to get out. I know what you are all thinking….why in the world am I running on my extended vacation? As most of you know, I can’t go without some form of exercise for too long.
Since my sister had one last performance, I went on a bike tour with the same company I took one with in Paris. The tour was good despite the fact that the group wasn’t as lively and fun as the one in Paris.
Some of the highlights from the tour were Checkpoint Charlie, part of the Berlin Wall, Site of Hitler’s bunker, Hotel Aldon – the famous place of the Michael Jackson child dangling, and Brandenborg Tor which is located in no-man's land between East and West Germany during the Cold War, this famous monument, built during the 18th-century reign of Friedrich Wilhelm II, has long been a defining symbol of Berlin and both the city's division and unification.
Since Michael Jackson was a topic of conversation today, my song of the day will be from one of his songs:
Song of the day: “You'll never make me stay so take your weight off of me.” Michael Jackson – Song Dirty Diana
Monday, September 11, 2006
Today my sister and I took a three hour boat ride to Potsdam. Potsdam is Berlin’s closest and most beautiful neighbor.
It was fun, despite being the only young ones on the boat cruise and the whole tour communicated in German, which I don’t speak a word of. The scenery on the boat ride was pretty.
Once we got to Potsdam, we walked to Sanssouci Park, which comprises palaces and gardens begun in the 18th century. The walk around the gardens and palaces was along a wide road with trees on either side. The palaces were also on either side with some set back farther then others. One of them was at the end of the road with a long driveway surrounded by white statutes. Another palace had a big, beautiful fountain in front of it.

1 comment:
Shannon you are so lucky. I haven't been to Sansoucci in years. I love Potsdam and I am so jealous.
Brandon
Post a Comment