
"Life Is A Bold and Dashing Adventure"- Unknown
Imagine enjoying a nice scenic plane ride in the Swiss Alps and then before you know it, you are being pushed out of the plane at 13,000 feet and free falling with your arms out like a bird at 120 MPH/200 KPM. After 45 seconds, you are pulled upright to a sitting position and you slowly glide to the ground.
I didn't just imagine this....I experienced the thrill of skydiving. Not just any skydiving....skydiving in the Swiss Alps. WOW!!!! What a rush! Would I do it again....HELL YES!! In a heartbeat.
I arrived in Interlaken, Switzerland on Wednesday, September 20 and instantly fell in love with the place. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world that I have ever been to. It reminds me a little of Salt Lake City.
On Friday, I went on the most spectacular hikes with breathtaking views. The scenery just got better and better. I first took a train through the mountains to Schyinge Platte and hiked along the ridge all day past lakes, a ski lift and a couple of small restaurants. I took a gondola down to Grindenwald and then a train back to Interlaken. Along the hike, I saw tons of cows with the famous bells.
Yesterday, I arrived in Sinalunga, Italy, tuscany area, after a very long day of train traveling. I will be staying for a week at a villa with a couple of friends.
Ed. Note - because of limited internet access, I am unable to post pictures for awhile. I will post pictures once I am able to get better internet connection. Sorry!
Thanks to all that have made comments. Glad to know people actually read my blog.
Song Quote of the blog - Free Fallin' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

2 comments:
Hi Shannon & all of your friends. Wow. You are all having a blast. The only way to put it. You are having the experience of a lifetime Shannon. The coolest. I rememember the nurses (hahaha) along the roadway also driving back from Poland thru Prague, etc.. Hahaha. Those truckers are lonely! Continue on having a blast.
Rick Ortenburger
Hey Shannon,
Glad you enjoyed Interlaken... it really is beautiful there... if you happen to ever go back to Switzerland, and I happen to be there at the same time, I will show you a few other just as beautiful, but less touristy places....that's unless you wouldn't want me to....
Love,
Nathalie
Post a Comment